Sunday, November 20, 2011

Fall Linky Party!

Thanksgiving time always makes me realize that fall is almost over and winter is on its way (brrr!). I decided it would be fun to share activities and ideas that you have found this fall, so that we could save them for next year.
Here are 5 of my favorites:


1. I think these Pilgrim Hat Treats would be so fun to do with the kids the day before Thanksgiving break!


2. I had a lot of fun doing this Haunted House Ad activity with my kids. I got the idea from the Clutter-Free Classroom blog. My students loved it!


3. This hand and foot print turkey is something I have done with my students in the past. I like having them create their turkeys and then write what they are thankful for on the "feathers." You can tailor it to any grade level, which is always a plus!


4. Next year, I plan on reading Balloons Over Broadway with my class. It's a great nonfiction book about the Macy's Parade.


5. I really enjoyed this Turkey Trotten reader's theater with my students last year and plan on doing it again next week. We talked about vocabulary (lot of W.O.W. words in this one...like "loquacious"), it helps build fluency, and it was fun to perform in front of the class. I had another group work on The Meal Must Go On. For both skits, we used Promethean Board Flipcharts that I created as backgrounds.


I hope you enjoy these links and try some with your students, too! Please join in so we can all benefit from one another's great finds!


In order to join this linky party, follow these steps:


1. Write a post on your blog about 5 activities that you found or used in your classroom this fall.

2. Add the linky party button below to your post.

3. Click the "Add your link" button at the bottom of this post to enter information about your blog entry so others can check it out!






Photobucket






0 comments:

Post a Comment