Friday, September 16, 2011

The First Few Weeks of School

This year is already a whirlwind! I am at work late everyday, and when I get home I am constantly doing something else related to teaching. As tired as I am, I don't feel burnt out by it...I feel invigorated! I have never felt so passionate about my job. It's wonderful!

So here is what's been going on since my last post (as a get into a routine I will post more, and hopefully people will actually start reading!):

My classroom setup went really well, and I keep meaning to take and post pictures of it. But, alas, something always comes up! The owl theme is cute, but not as prevalent as I would like it to be. Am I the only teacher who has a hard time pulling off the put-together look? I feel like I need to redo everything in my room to really pull it off. Slowly but surely I'll get there. Guess I just need to stick with this theme for a while...

The first week has come and gone. Actually, it was two days late thanks to Ms. Irene (the hurricane if you weren't sure). We were kind of in a holding pattern for those days, not knowing if we would go back or not, so that was kind of stressful. Now we are rocking and rolling in full swing!

That's it for now...hopefully I'll get used to this blogging thing and post more frequently. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment