Saturday, July 21, 2012

PinAnon

Hello. My name is Mrs. P and I am...a Pinterest addict.

*phew* I am glad that is off my chest! I have a feeling there are a lot more like me out there, though! Am I right?!?

This summer, I have spent a ridiculous amount of time pinning everything from hair and makeup tips that will hopefully speed up my morning routine, to bento box ideas for lunches (because who doesn't want a more enjoyable lunch?!?). Along with the insane amount of uselessful home and lifestyle ideas I have pinned, I have gone absolutely bonkers with school ideas. These range from decor inspiration to actual lessons and teaching methods I want to try out.

And while I have come across a TON of wonderful ideas, I am at the point of feeling extremely overwhelmed! How on EARTH am I going to implement all of these fantastic ideas in one school year without pulling my hair out (and thus, defeating the purpose of the hair care pins)??? If you are anything like me, you have probably come to the realization that it's just not possible. And, if we are really kindred spirits, your feeling a little bit anxious about it.

But don't fret, where there is a will there is a way!

Here is my plan: I am going to pick five ideas (out of the 300 plus I have pinned) to focus on. If they go smoothly, I may add more. Now the tricky part is narrowing all of those ideas down to five...

You all will be the FIRST ones to know when I make my choices, so stay tuned!

Now your turn:

Tell me at least one idea you have found (on Pinterest or elsewhere) that you will definitely be trying out in your classroom this year. Please provide the link if possible...just in case we would like to pin it.

;)

P.S. I just HAD to share this yummy dinner I made with you (recipe courtesy of...you guessed it...PINTEREST!) It was so easy and SO delicious! Click here to hop over to the blog that it was originally pinned from to try it out for yourself!


Stuffed Spaghetti Squash...very low carb and VERY yummy!


11 comments:

  1. I had to give up on Pinterest ....as you said, so much information! But perhaps, as you've described there is a way to be better organized about it, too. Maybe it's worth a second try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I can't wait to see what you make! I'm your newest follower!

    Jen
    Adventures in Mrs. Martin’s Room

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this really cool class management tool for the interactive whiteboard on Pinterest. I wrote it up on my blog. I had a blast playing with it as a grown woman, I can't wait to try it with the kids. LOL

    http://5thgraderocks5thgraderules.blogspot.com/2012/07/dont-let-balls-bounce.html

    ~Mimi
    5thGradeRocks5thGradeRules

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara- I am in too deep to give up now. Too many hours spent pinning, so I had to come up with a plan!
    Jen- Thanks for following. I am on my way to your blog to return the follow!
    Mimi- That looks awesome! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done the Teacher Toolbox (everyone knows what that is) and plan to do the sample writing http://pinterest.com

    Your newest follower,
    Stephany
    primarypossibilities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your "pick 5 to try" idea! I'm in too deep to stop now also :). And so many times last year I found an idea at night that worked great the next day - pinterest is a great resource!Have you seen this post on Teaching Blog Addict - it may help? http://www.teachingblogaddict.com/2012/07/whats-your-style-for-organizing-digital.html Merry Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are too many things I want to try. I'm feeling overwhelmed!! I love your owls. Where do you find most of your owl classroom decor?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, I totally posted something similar to this not too long ago on my blog! Check out my blog at http://www.tearlessteaching.blogspot.com/2012/07/projects.html to see what I went with!

    I have nominated your blog for an award! Stop by my blog to pick it up!! If you have already received this award please let me know so that I may award it to someone else!)
    http://tearlessteaching.blogspot.com/2012/07/award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I spent HOURS in my classroom trying to recreate a million ideas off of Pinterest. I finally had to stop and start thinking about academics. It was sad, but necessary :) I just found you on 5th Grade Flock. I'm new to blogging and I'd love if you stopped by.

    Courtney
    flockingtofifth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You read my mind! I have gone insane--pinning, vistaprinting, buying color-themed decor and storage items, etc. Picking a certain number of ideas and following through on those first sounds like a great plan--thanks for talking me off the ledge :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so easy to go out of control. I think we are always striving to find/create the next great "thing" in teaching. Sometimes we have to reel it in. Thanks to a few unexpected expenses over the summer (during which I do not get paid in my district), I am challenging myself to set up my room without spending any extra money. I got some seating through DonorsChoose which should be coming in the fall, a WONDERFUL Twitter follower sent me a ton of books, I received some ARCs from a publisher, and entered to receive school supplies from an anonymous gifter on Reddit. I am hoping these are enough for me to start the school year. ANything else has to be free (Thanks, Pinterest!), or from the dollar store. I think not spending a ton of money and still creating a great environment teaches our students to get creative, too!

    ReplyDelete