Sunday, November 20, 2011

I'm Thankful For...

One of my favorite blogs, What the Teacher Wants, is hosting a linky party about being thankful. What a great idea...so of course I had to join in!


1. What are you thankful for in your classroom?

My students. I have a great group this year. Not only are they brilliant thinkers (could I be partial?), but they are the sweetest group of kids I have ever had the pleasure of teaching. I am already dreading the last day of school...that's a first!

2. What person are you most thankful for?

My husband. It takes a special kind of man to understand and be supportive of how much time I devote to my career. Between late my nights at work, spending weekends grading when I'd rather be out gallivanting around, or just "talking shop" with him, my husband is there for me 110%.

3. What 3 blogs are you most thankful for?

This is a tough one. I visit so many so often!
  • I have gotten tons of ideas from Classroom Freebies. There is an abundance of idea for every grade, every subject, every season on this site! I visit it daily...even more frequently on some occasions.




    Classroom freebies

    • Great book reviews from my friends at A Year of Reading. This blog has inspired many book purchases in my classroom, as well as a very VERY lengthy wishlist. I also follow the writers on Twitter and have enjoyed the Professioanl Development I have gleaned from their wise words.

    • Great classroom tips and lessons from Clutter-Free Classroom, one of which I even blogged about last month. It's a great site to help you stay organized, as well as find ideas for teaching the intermediate grades.




    Clutter-Free Classroom


    I am so thankful for so many others though, I wish I could go on forever! (Check out "Blogs I ♥" on the right for more!)

    4. What guilty pleasure are you most thankful for?

    Once Upon a Time! This show is letting my relive my childhood obsession with Snow White and all of her princess friends in my adult life. If you haven't tuned in yet, you must!

    5. What are you most thankful for?
    I am most thankful for where I am right now in my life. I am healthy, and happy, and I feel like I am doing everything I was meant to do. I am thankful for having job security in an unsure economy. I am thankful for a roof over my head and food in the refrigerator. I am thankful for a loving family, good friends, and a professional support group beyond the walls of my classroom. I am thankful for my followers who give me support, guidance, and ideas! Life is good!

    Please share what you are thankful for by posting a comment below, or joining the party!


    10 comments:

    1. I love this! I haven't check out that show, but I know I'd TOTALLY love it! Snow white and other princesses....YES PLEASE!!! :)

      Thanks for linking up!
      -RAchelle
      whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    2. It is so great! Even the hubby will tolerate it :) It's on on Sundays, but I DVR so I can watch it on Monday after dinner.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I am thankful that I just found your blog through the link-up! I teach 6th grade ELA and am so excited when I find another upper elementary teacher out there! I need to check out a Year of Reading. I have never heard of that before. I am always looking for great books to add to my library or suggest to my students.

      Katie
      Adventures of a 6th Grade Teacher

      ReplyDelete
    4. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Just found you through the Linky Party! :) Checking everything out here now! I'm your newest follower!
      A Teeny Tiny Teacher

      ReplyDelete
    6. Oh I love Once Upon a Time!! It's soo good!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Hi Mrs. P.
      I'm passing the Sunshine Award to you because I love your blog and your terrific ideas. Thank you!
      Dee
      First Impressions

      ReplyDelete
    8. Thanks, Dee! I'm very grateful for the kind words. :)

      ReplyDelete