Monday, November 14, 2011

Reading is WRAD!


Photo of Milford Sound in New Zealand!


Recently, LitWorld invited me to participate in World Read Aloud Day (WRAD) by being a WRADvocate. WRAD will take place on March 7, 2012. The goal of WRAD is to spread the word about the joys and benefits of reading aloud to children.


I have LOTS of ideas for making WRAD successful in my classroom and my school. I am going to start by passing along the information to my administration. One idea I have is to ask one of our administrators to read a favorite picture book to the whole school via our televised announcements. I picture all of the students on the carpet in front of the whiteboard, listening to her read.


Another idea is to invite parents and family members in to share favorite picture books or a chapter from a favorite novel. I've even thought about having the intermediate students take some time to read aloud to a student in a primary grade that day. The possibilities are endless!


Please join me in celebrating WRAD by setting aside some time to read aloud to your students. Spread the word: WRAD is coming!




What are some ideas you have for celebrating WRAD?

0 comments:

Post a Comment