Friday, October 21, 2011

Haunted House by Jack Prelutsky

Here is a great poem I used recently to get my kiddos into a spooky writing mood:

Haunted House

Click Here For Images &
Haunted House Pictures - Pictures


Haunted House
by Jack Prelutsky

There's a house upon the hilltop
We will not go inside
For that is where the witches live,
Where ghosts and goblins hide.

Tonight they have their party,
All the lights are burning bright,
But oh we will not go inside
The haunted house tonight.

The demons there are whirling
And the spirits swirl about.
They sing their songs to Halloween.
"Come join the fun," they shout.

But we do not want to go there
So we run with all our might
And oh we will not go inside
The haunted house tonight.



*I used this poem to kick off my Haunted House Real Estate Ads. Click here for more information about this fun and unique writing project!*


29 comments:

  1. I adore Jack Prelutsky - classic! And yes perfect for Halloween indeed. I just borrowed his "The Wizard" from the library (illustrated by Brandon Dorman). Another lovely picture book as well in verse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Myra,
    Thanks for the comment! I will have to see if our school library has that book...sounds interesting and I am sure my kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete