Tuesday, June 12, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?




A weekly meme hosted by Teach Mentor Texts

Last week marked the end of the school year, which meant I was VERY busy. Cleaning, packing, working on report cards, etc. Needless to say, my reading life took a hit. However, this weekend we threw in a day trip to NYC, so I got a lot of reading done on the bus. I read Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper. I really enjoyed this book. I saw a lot of similarities between this and Wonder by R. J. Palacio.I appreciated the novel's take on students with disabilities, and how much we as educators may underestimate their true abilities. I also enjoyed the realness. Overall, a great read.






4 comments:

  1. I'm reading Knife of Dreams, the eleventh book in the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. This is my 4th time through the series and I enjoy it every time! The plot is so complex, with hundreds of characters that it's never boring to reread. If you like high fantasy, you'd enjoy this series.
    ThinkShareTeach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I am not familiar with that series. I will have to check it out. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sort of an acquired taste. You have to really love fantasy to get into it, but it is sooooo worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finished "Out of My Mind" and loved it! Thinking about it as a read aloud.

    ReplyDelete