Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer Treat for My Bookworms

Just wanted to write a quick post to share what I gave my students as their goodbye treat. I sort of tweaked and combined ideas from Pinterest. Each student got a bog of "bookworms" (a.k.a. gummy worms), two freeze pops, and a bookmark. My parent helper made up the labels for the bookworms which read "Have a cool summer, bookworms! Love, Mrs. P."She also assembled all of the little goodies, and I think they turned out great! I usually don't give "goodbye gifts," but this was a particularly special year for me, so I did. I will definitely be doing this again next year!

Original bookworm idea
Do you have a summer gift you typically give students? I'd love to read about it!



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your bookmarks, they are adorable. This year I created individual Wordles for each of my students. I printed them on cardstock, lmainated them, and placed them in clear frames. Of course tehy were ribboned and wrapped and I added a gift tag with a small poem on it. They are sitting on my 5th graders desks as we speak to be given out tomorrow morning.
    -Damien
    The Reading Buddies
    http://www.thereadingbuddies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't give out gifts this year but my son's teacher (4th) gave a cellophane wrapped and ribboned package containing: bottle of water, single serve lemonade packet, book (The Lemonade Wars), notepad, and pencil. The label said, Remember, when life hands you lemons, make lemonade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of those ideas! Thanks so much for sharing! I may have to borrow one for next year ;)

    ReplyDelete