Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's Monday...What are YOU reading? 1/09/12



Check out what other bloggers are reading this week at Teach Mentor Texts!
Well, it's actually Wednesday...oops! Due to being out sick for the entire first week back after break (talk about bad timing), I have had a lot on my professional plate and haven't been able to sit down until now to post! Shame on me!


Any"hoo"...


This past week I was only able to finish one book out of the few that I had anticipated. As much as I love to read, when I am sick I enjoy sleeping much more. 



This week I read Darth Paper Strikes Back by Tom Angleberger. This was the sequel to The Strange Case of Origami Yoda. I was actually more fond of the sequel, although I really did enjoy them both. The characters in these books bring me back to my middle school days, complete with all of its awkward glory! In this book, Origami Yoda has found some competition in the cleverly dubbed "Darth Paper."  Whereas Yoda has become famous for doling out wisdom, Darth Paper is prone to slinging insults at innocent bystanders. It all adds up to a  humorous and heartwarming story that my students are already thoroughly enjoying. 


I am still working on  Strawberry Girl, and Heck: Where the Bad Kids Go. I have also started reading Neil Gaiman's Newbery Award winning The Graveyard Book. That's all I am putting on my plate for this week. Hopefully my improved health will lead to more reading, which I have desperately missed! 


What are you reading this week?


0 comments:

Post a Comment