Monday, December 12, 2011

It's Monday, What Are YOU Reading? 12/12/11





I am joining Jen and Kellee over at Teach Mentor Texts in their weekly posts about reading! I read a lot of "kidlit" (thanks Twitter) these days, and figured that visitors to my blog would benefit from posts like these...not only themselves, but also for their students. I have to admit that a the world was put on hold this week as I read the 7th and final book in the Harry Potter series...Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Simply put....it was AMAZINGLY, SPECTACULARLY, WONDERFULLY FANTASTIC! This book was everything it should have been and much more. I laughed, I cried, I got angry and then felt bad about it...it was rather emotionally draining. BUT, it was well worth it! 

Because I was so bound and determined to finish this 784 page masterpiece, I didn't read much else this week. If you have not yet entered into the world of Harry Potter fanaticism...do so immediately. Put all other books on hold and jump in feet first! It was the best reading decision I have ever made and I wish I had made it sooner!

As I am still getting used to my renewed love of reading (thank you, Donalyn Miller!!!), I am setting small goals for this week. I am going to work on reading (and hopefully finish) the first book in The Hunger Games series. 

 I am going to try and get my hands on some picture books this week, too. So I also plan to read:


We'll see how it all pans out! So...

What are YOU reading?


1 comment:

  1. You love Harry Potter! You love Harry Potter! It makes me excited that you've read the books and loved them. It's hard to imagine anyone not liking them. I think you'll equally love the Hunger Games. You're hanging out with the Nerdy Book Club now which means you'll end up reading such great books you'll be spoiled. :) I feel like it's rare for me to read something that's not a great book (although it does happen).

    Swirl by Swirl looks beautiful. I haven't read that yet but I love Over and Under the Snow and Grandpa Green. :)

    ReplyDelete